Header Ads


Injured Jalalon rues missing World Cup qualifiers, shifts focus to Star

Sophomore playmaker Jio Jalalon couldn’t hide his frustrations as he was limited to a spectator in Star’s morning practice at Ronac Art Center on Tuesday.

“I’m not used to this, that I’m not practicing. I’m jealous,” he admitted.

Jiovani Jalalon. PBA Images
Nursing an LCL injury, Jalalon was stuck in the sidelines doing therapy with the Hotshots PTs, watching helplessly as coach Chito Victolero laid down the groundwork in the team’s first week of practices.

But the former Arellano guard’s frustrations isn’t limited on Star alone with the injury also ruling him out of Gilas Pilipinas in the first leg of the 2019 Fiba World Cup qualifiers later this month.

“I’m already out. I really want to join them, but the doctors advised me to not to,” said Jalalon, who is will continue therapy for the next two weeks before the doctors could give him the green light to finally rejoin the Hotshots.

Author: Randolph B. Leongson, Inquirer
Full Article: http://sports.inquirer.net/272440/injured-jalalon-rues-missing-world-cup-qualifiers-shifts-focus-star

No comments

Powered by Blogger.