Header Ads


Folayang after shock defeat: ‘I tip my hat off to Nguyen, the journey doesn’t end here'

 Former ONE lightweight world champion Eduard Folayang of Baguio City’s Team Lakay finally spoke out regarding his shock defeat at the hands of Martin Nguyen this past Friday at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay.

Folayang, 33, was deemed the favorite in his fight against ONE featherweight champion Nguyen, who went up a weight class to challenge Folayang for the title.

Folayang and Nguyen battling out. on Friday, November 10. Photo: KC Cruz
 The Filipino warrior fought well in the first round, but it only took one right hand from Nguyen to end the night for him in the second round.

“First and foremost, I thank God for his protection. At this point, I assure my followers and the fans of Team Lakay that I am alright and there is nothing to be anxious about. I am still in good physical condition,” said Folayang in a statement.

Folayang had to receive medical attention right after the fight given the dangerous nature of his loss, making him skip the post-fight press conference. Three days after ONE Championship’s first champion versus champion card, Folayang released a statement and has nothing but praises for his friend and conqueror, Nguyen.

Full Article: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/sports/othersports/632967/folayang-after-shock-defeat-i-tip-my-hat-off-to-nguyen-the-journey-doesn-t-end-here/story/

No comments

Powered by Blogger.